Verify my certificate request (Extended Validation)
After you request an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, we verify your:
- Control of the domain name in your request
- Identity, address, and telephone number
- Extended registration eligibility
Domain control verification
We verify that you control the domain name in your request by checking your GoDaddy account and publicly available records in the WHOIS database.
We also request some customers manually verify that they control their domain names. For information on that process, see Verify domain ownership (HTML or DNS).
Extended registration verification
Because Extended Validations offer the highest level of assurance, we require a thorough verification process for your request. This requires documents such as:
- Certificate request signed by certificate requestor and certificate approver
- Signed contact agreement for all initial requests and changes to authorized signer
- Notarized personal statement attestation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized face-to-face attestation statement (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized copy of the photo ID used for identity validation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Verified legal opinion or certified public accountant letter, depending on results from other validation methods
How long does the process take?
The entire process of verifying your business registration can take a few weeks.
If you're looking for help understanding what we need you to do next, you can find our support number in your SSL control panel. It displays on the right under the progress indicator.
After verifying you control the domain name, your next step depends on where you're using the certificate:
|VPS or dedicated server you control||Download my SSL certificate files|
|Any other GoDaddy product||We'll finish the SSL installation for you - so there's nothing else you need to do!|