Install a WordPress plugin with FTP
Some premium or custom WordPress plugins may require you to install them through FTP.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Navigate to the directory containing your WordPress site.
- Upload your plugin to the /wp-content/plugins directory.
- If your plugin is zipped, you will need to unzip it. (
cPanel / Plesk / Web Hosting)
Note: If you do not have a way to unzip the file on the server, you will have to unzip the file locally and then upload the unzipped directory of files.
- Your plugin should now display on the Plugins page within your WordPress Dashboard.
- Return to Install, activate, or update a plugin in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.