Enable root or admin access to my Gen 3 Managed or Fully Managed server
Here's how to enable root or admin access (also known as sudo or substitute/super user access) to your Managed or Fully Managed server. You might need this kind of access to install applications or make high-level changes to your server configuration.
Note: If you're trying to enable root access for a Generation 4 VPS or Dedicated server, the steps are different.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Servers, next to the server account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the server control page, click Settings.
- Next to Admin Access, click Change.
- Make sure Enable your admin (root and sudo) access permission is selected.
- Click Save, and then click OK.