Add my email to Thunderbird
Add your Professional Email to Mozilla Thunderbird. Then you can send and receive business emails on your Mac or Windows computer. (The images below may not match yours depending on your version of Thunderbird.)
When you install Thunderbird, it will attempt to detect your port and server settings. If it's successful, Thunderbird sets up your email with just a few clicks. If it cannot, you must enter them manually.
- Open Thunderbird. (Learn more or install Thunderbird)
- In the Accounts section, under Create a new account: click Email.
- Click Skip this and use my existing email.
- Complete the following fields:
Field What to enter... Your Name The name you want to display as your sender name. Email Address Professional Email account email address. Password Professional Email account password.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm or select the IMAP (remote folders) setting.
- Click Done.
Note: If Thunderbird does not detect your port and server settings, you need to manually configure them. Help me with manual configuration.
- Test that your email is set up properly by sending yourself a message from your webmail. When you receive it, reply from Thunderbird to test your outgoing server settings.
- Add your Professional Email to your iPhone Mail app.
- Add your Professional Email to your Android Email app.