But really, what’s so great about Online Storage?
Ever spent hours working on a proposal only to lose your document when the power suddenly went out? Not when you're using a cloud storage solution. GoDaddy's Online Storage protects critical files from theft, flood, outage or other mishaps simply and affordably.
What's so great about online data storage? When your documents, photos, videos, and presentations are stored in the "cloud," they're safer than if they were simply saved on your hard drive. Your office could burn to the ground, and files saved to online file storage would still be safe and sound.
But here's the best part: With online document storage, you can open files from any Mac®, PC, iPad® or smartphone – any connected device – any time of the night or day! Your documents, photos, and more are always close at hand, no matter where you happen to be.
Online cloud storage services let users store, back up and share documents quickly and securely, collaborate with other users, show off their videos and slideshows, and share with Facebook® and Twitter®.
For more information, see our Online Storage product support page
Who is Online Storage for?
Online Storage is for just about anyone:
- Small businesses that need to share files with each other quickly and easily.
- People on the go who need to access their important files anywhere without fear of losing something as small as a thumb drive.
- Anyone who owns a computer and wants to share or securely store their files.
For more information, see the Online Storage Reference Guide.
What are the benefits of GoDaddy's online storage solution?
There are plenty of benefits you can enjoy with Online Storage:
- Our online document storage solution is affordable and easy to use. We offer extremely competitive pricing with drive mapping, mobile access, no file-type limitations, and no added IT or hardware costs.
- You have complete control of your data – you get online file storage, online file sharing and an online backup solution all in one package.
- Our online cloud storage simplifies your cloud storage needs without the cost and complexity of other online data storage solutions.
- We keep your files safe during transfer to and from your account with powerful 256-bit encryption.
- Online Storage offers integration with other users and mobile devices. Plus, it's highly accessible, which makes it ideal for anyone. Upload files quickly and easily from your mobile device, an FTP client, or drag and upload from your desktop.
How much can I store in my Online Storage account?
GoDaddy's online file storage plans have no storage limits, so you can even make online backups of large files like videos and high-resolution photos. And there's no limit on how many files you can store.
What if I want to share something stored in my Online Storage account?
Forget emailing large files only to find they've been blocked because they're too big! Email a link to your Online Storage file instead. With online document storage, presentations and reports can be opened and edited by anyone you choose – even multiple people at once, with all comments condensed into one.
For more information, see Sharing Files with Other Online Storage Users.
Are there limits to how often I can share files?
No. With our online cloud storage solution, you can share files as often as you need. Our online data storage application doesn't place any limits on sharing. It becomes a place where you can always use cloud storage to drop off and retrieve you important documents.
Is it difficult to use Online Storage?
Working with online file storage is easy and intuitive. First, you can use any type of file when you're using cloud storage. Anyone can access those files, even if they don't have Online Storage accounts of their own.
When you log in to Online Storage, you can select a way to view files that's best for you. You can also use a built-in video viewer to check out movies using online cloud storage.
If you're uploading or downloading large batches of files with online document storage, you can do it in bulk. Rather than the lengthy process of moving files one by one, Online Storage lets you do it all at once.
For more information, see Setting up Online Storage.
How can I do more with Online Storage?
Online Storage works seamlessly with our other Workspace applications, which include Email, Calendar and Fax Thru Email. You can log in to any of them with the same email address you use to access your online file storage.
When you do, it's easy to access files with any application from your online document storage account. For example, you can get files from online cloud storage, and then attach them to email messages.
You can even use an address book built right into our online data storage solution, making it easy to find the people you know, and then share files with them with the ease than only comes with cloud storage.